Dry skin doesn’t just give the feeling of the skin being rough, it affects your complexion, how makeup looks when applied and even draws more attention to you. Most people get worried when they realize they have dry skin. The good news is, you don’t have to run to a dermatologist or spend a lot of money to get the solution to your dry skin.
There are a number of natural remedies that you can apply to your daily life to bring back that nourished and healthy skin.
1. Moisture while damp.
Regardless of which natural method you use, make sure you apply it when your skin is wet. When you come straight from the shower, your skin is already moist. Lock that moisture with the available natural oil.
2. Use milk.You really don’t need lotion when you have milk in your fridge. Pour some milk in the bowl, dip a piece of cloth in it and apply for about five minutes. Milk is very good for soothing the skin and contains lactic acid which is ideal for the skin.
3. Slather yourself with olive oil and honey.Both honey and olive oil are very good when it comes to moisturization of the skin. Mixing the two will do wonders to your skin. Mix a spoonful of olive oil and a spoonful of honey. Apply this on the dry areas and let it stay for 20 minutes. Wipe off with a cloth dipped in warm water.
4. Skip the hot shower.Nothing feels good than having a hot shower on a cold day. Your skin however suffers. Try having a lukewarm shower and use a natural soap which will be more gentle to your skin.
5. Have an oatmeal bath.Oatmeal has always been used to solve skin problems for a number of years now. It is very effective when it comes to moisturizing and cleansing. It is also well known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidative property. Blend a cup of dry oatmeal until you have a fine powder. Mix the powder into the tub evenly. Enter the tub and soak for about twenty minutes. This can be repeated depending on your doctor’s advice.
6. Consume enough water.Having enough water in the body is the first step to making sure that you have a well-moisturized skin. Make sure you drink the recommended amount of water every day to keep your skin healthy and well moisturized.
To avoid recurrence of dry skin, make sure you make moisturizing to be part of your life. With these simple methods, you are sure of having a well-moisturized skin